Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2021

Questions to Ask at the End of the School Year

 I am a huge proponent of evaluation in our ministries.  College ministry is a continually moving target.  The campus changes just a bit each year and our students vary in their responses and the gifts/abilities our student leaders bring to the ministry.  Evaluation helps us tweak where we need to adjust and to celebrate what went really well and where the Lord blessed us....maybe even way beyond what we deserved. And, with this being the craziest year yet, some cold eyed evaluation is surely needed.  So, at the end of this semester or quarter, here are some questions you might ask.

1.  What did we do differently that is definitely a keeper for the future?

2.  Were my priorities for the ministry demonstrated in what we did and accomplished?

3.  Was there one place, event, etc where God just blessed us beyond anything that we did?

4.  What is one "never do that again"?

5.  If summer orientations, etc go back to normal this year, are there takeaways from last summer to do in addition to what we have done previously?

6.  How did I (you personally) do in pacing myself and doing right by my spouse and children?  DON'T SKIP OVER THIS ONE!

7.  What is one thing I really learned or re-learned this year?  I knew it, but boy did I realize it THIS year.

8.  Who do I need to write a thank you note to or take to lunch or coffee and express my appreciation for what they did for the ministry this year?

9.  What was the overwhelming strength of the ministry that shined through this year?

10. What was the overwhelming  weakness of the ministry that shined through this year?

11. What am I going to read this summer and who am I going to visit with to learn more about doing ministry?

12.  What is one fun thing I will do this summer?

A Brief Commercial:  One of the ways I envision my new book, "A College Ministry Success Formula" being used is as a way to evaluate where a ministry is in regard to what I see as five key areas.

Arliss Dickerson's brand new book, A COLLEGE MINISTRY SUCCESS FORMULA, is available at amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment