Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2021

College Ministers, I Need Your Help, PLEASE!

 I have just posted my new book, "A College Ministry Success Formula" at amazon.com/books.  Would you consider helping me spread the word about it?

Two Things You Can Do That Would Help:

1.  PUT UP A POST ABOUT IT ON SOCIAL MEDIA.  You can go to the book page at amazon and share it with a comment from you or no comment. If you already have it, as a few do, would you post a picture of you with it or on your desk?  If you are in  private Chat or Facebook Groups, etc, mentioning it there would be a huge plus.  Even if you have not gotten it and don't plan to get it.....would you be willing to help pass on the word about it?

2.  IF YOU HAVE OR ARE READING IT, WOULD YOU GO TO THE AMAZON PAGE AND WRITE AN HONEST REVIEW?  You don't have to say it is the greatest thing ever.  Just say what you like, didn't like, etc.

SO, WHAT IS THIS BOOK?

It is very different than "Almost Everything About College Ministry". Really what this is....is not so much a book (It is ONLY 33 pages.) as it is my notes to do a one day conference for College Ministers like I have done in recent years. Or, it would be like a major breakout I would do at a conference.  I have simply written down what I would say. No one has edited it or "designed it".  It's just me!  The pages are not even numbered.

There are five brief sections which are each of the five components of the "Formula".  At the end of each are 8 to 10 questions for "Self Evaluation and Planning".  It can be easily read in an hour and done in 2 hours doing the questions.  Some might do one part of the formula per day or one a week in a staff meeting and use the questions for discussion.

Baptists currently do not have a national college ministry office, so materials are not being developed provided or promoted.  I am encouraging practitioners like you, to put out stuff.  Let's all help each other....regardless of our denominational tribe. College ministry books will never be best sellers and so will not be promoted by major book companies. This type of word of mouth/social media is the only promotion that will be done.  Thanks, if you read it and I really would like to hear your feedback on it.  Blessings to you!!

Arliss,

 arlissdickerson@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment