Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2021

Give $25 to the College Ministry that Blessed You.

 Each year I encourage everyone who has been touched and blessed by a college ministry to give $25 to it at the end of the year. 

Why $25?

Several years ago I had several different alums and friends of our ministry say something to me like, "I would give you some money, but I can't afford to give you enough that will help."  They felt they had to give some magic number like $500.  At that time, we had 1200 people on our alumni mailing list.  I thought, if all of them gave $25, that would make a huge difference.  I came up with the $25 amount as I read about one of the larger college athletic programs in the country had started out asking people to give $25.  Almost anyone can give $25.

I would rather have $25 from ten people than $250 from one person!

That is more people connected and more who are likely to pray for you and your ministry.  And, it takes 25 decisions to stop giving $25 a year instead of just one decision.

Some give more than $25.

I have always been grateful for some alums that give more than that.  But, I still believe that we should keep the figure at $25 and not succumb to the temptation to keep raising the amount.  And, I think if someone gives $25 or $2500, they should all get the same thank you and appreciation.  The $25 may have been more significant than the $2500.

Some College Ministers are not allowed to ask individuals for money.

So, those of us that do not have that restriction can promote it and it may bless some who cannot ask, but desperately need it.  When we promote it, we are helping others who are doing college ministry.

Have YOU given $25 to the ministry that blessed you?

Arliss Dickerson's college ministry books are available at amazon.com/dp/B08CMD9CXX.


No comments:

Post a Comment