Search This Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Calling Freshmen by Steve Masters, LSU/BCM

I had an interesting day in regards to Freshmen Outreach and some good reminders.  One of our student leaders is calling freshmen today for the fall of 18 to find out if they are definitely coming to LSU....and to invite them to get involved in BCM.  I told the student to text me the name of any student he contacts that wants to get involved.

An hour ago he texted me the name of Steven.  I called him and he signed up for our Freshmen Family Groups and Collegiate Week.  He asked me to call his girlfriend.  She signed up for Collegiate Week and a Freshmen Family Group.  I asked her for the names of others seniors coming to LSU that might want to get involved in the BCM.  She gave me the names and numbers of two girls.  One signed up for a Freshman Family Group.  She gave me the name of a guy from a non-denominational church.  I called him and he signed up for a Freshman Family Group and is interested in Collegiate Week.  He gave me the name of another girl and I called and left her a voicemail.

She is the sister of a guy in a Discipleship Group I lead.  A few minutes later I got a call from one of the messages I left.  He said, "I was told I need to return your call.".  He signed up for an FFG and is interested in Collegiate Week.

Here are my Takeaways:

1.  Phone calls still work.
2.  I need to call more freshmen.
3.  Freshmen and other students will recruit each other.
4.  I need to remember to ask for secondary contacts.
5.  The sooner we can get students to sign up the better it is for ownership.

No comments:

Post a Comment