Search This Blog

Monday, May 7, 2018

A Personal Word

I cannot begin to express my appreciation to New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary for the announcement by Dr. Beth Masters at the Collegiate Summit that they were establishing the Arliss Dickerson Chair of Discipleship and Collegiate Ministry.

As those who were there noted, I was stunned by the announcement.   This came as a total shock and surprise to me.  Besides being personally honored, I believe that most College Ministers do not get the encouragement, appreciation, and affirmation they deserve.  So, for just a local Campus Minister to have his name placed on what will become an endowed chair of college ministry is mind boggling.

First, it shows New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary's commitment to helping and promoting college ministry! They are a huge partner to us.  Second, I hope that all my brothers and sisters in this college ministry tribe feel this is some recognition and appreciation of them.  It is not a famous preacher or someone who just gave them a large amount of money.  It is just an every day College Minister.

Thanks to so many who have sent messages and called.  You have been super kind.  I cannot say thanks enough to Beth, the Seminary, and to so many who have encouraged me along the way...in the HIGH CALLING...COLLEGE MINISTRY!

Blessings to all!  And now there is that minor detail of them raising the full $2 million.
Arliss

For those who have asked, you can make a contribution by going to www.nobts.edu
Click "Give Now" in the upper right hand corner.  Below the donation amount is "Designations", click on "Multiple/Other Designations and it will come up.  Thanks for asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment