Search This Blog

Sunday, October 15, 2023

My Mother Made Deviled Eggs

 The church I grew up in did like many did and still do in providing a meal for a family the day of the funeral for their loved one.  Someone from church would call my mom and , "Earlene, we need your Deviled eggs."  and she would say, what time and what day?  Then, my mom made Deviled Eggs and took them to the church that day for the family's meal.  They didn't say would you or could you....they would say, "Earlene, we need your Deviled eggs."  She did this well up into her 80's.

A few years back I served on a key committee at my church.  There were 8 or 9 of us on the committee....most were very active in the church.  I was surprised at the number of them that never once showed up for a meeting.  I assume they had agreed to serve.  I decided some years ago that if my church asked me to serve in some way, I would try to say yes…..and then I would show up when they had the meeting or whatever the responsibility was.

Is there something your church knows they can count on you to do?  I do it partly because my mom made Deviled Eggs.

Arliss Dickerson's book, Almost Everything About College Ministry, is available at Amazon.com/dp/B08CMD9CXX and A 3 Part College Ministry Success Formula is at Amazon.com/dp/B0BZ6Q7HSV.

No comments:

Post a Comment