Search This Blog

Saturday, March 25, 2023

The Single Greatest Determining Factor in a College Ministry??

The single greatest determining factor in a college ministry (apart from God's Spirit) is the College Minister.  The leader's gifts, personality, and knowledge affect everything.  The longer that person is there, the more the ministry likely will demonstrate the leader's strengths or weaknesses.    

Two years ago I did a little book entitled The College Ministry Success Formula that was all about what I call the 5 Building Blocks which make for a strong college ministry.  The more I thought about it, the more I realized the formula was incomplete.  While I still strongly believe in the 5 Building Blocks, I felt my formula was missing some necessary parts. So, I removed that book from Amazon..

With that in mind, I have done a revised and enlarged version entitled, A 3 Part College Ministry Success Formula, which I believe is a more complete formula.  There are three sections.  In addition to the 5 Building Blocks, the other two sections are,  "Avoiding Dumb Mistakes" and "Growing in Competency".  It is all about the College Minister being intentional in avoiding those mistakes that are common, yet harmful to ministries and being very conscious of doing those things that really build and strengthen a ministry.

I more strongly than ever believe that the most important characteristic of a College Minister is not Charisma, but rather is Respect that is earned through competency and demonstration of character. "Formula" is a simple attempt to help every College Minister, rookie or old pro, to be very intentional in being aware of common mistakes that derail or weaken a ministry and to utilize those principles or building blocks that run through strong ministries.  

The third section is to help each College Minister be reminded of the need to continue to grow in competency and to give a few suggestions and tips. It is not a coincidence that most of the larger or stronger college ministries in the United States are led by old pro's. Continuing to grow is part of staying for the long term and seeing the fruit of hard work.  Competency builds respect and respect of the College Minister continues to help build the ministry.

Would you do me a Favor?

 Go to Amazon now and check it out. If you think it might be something of value would you pass it on to a friend or say a good word about it on social media, I would really appreciate it. Here it is: Amazon.com/dp/B0BZ6Q7HSV

Arliss, 





No comments:

Post a Comment