Search This Blog

Sunday, March 6, 2022

A Word of Encouragement

 I am fortunate to get to see a lot of college ministry newsletters, alumni newsletters, and college ministry family newsletters.  The other day I got one from a friend who serves on a campus in the east, that certainly is not Bible belt territory. Let me share a brief quote from his newsletter.

"On a mundane day last last fall, a senior student leader, said to me, 'I want to give you a word of encouragement.  He quoted Zechariah 4:10, Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin....".  The College Minister went on to write, "The Lord is sinking this word into my heart as we are in a season with ministries and programs going, discipleship meetings happening, yet the work is often slow and hard.  Still as we pray for revival, church plants and salvation in our neighborhood, we labor in small, normal ways."

If you are in one of those hard situations or one of those hard seasons, I hope this will be an encouraging word to you.  I believe the Lord sees and knows what you are doing in His name.  Keep on!

Arliss Dickerson's new book, Tips for College Freshmen:  124 Tips for Fun, Faith & Good Grades, is available at  amazon.com/dp/B09QFB9DJ9

No comments:

Post a Comment