Search This Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2018

More Thoughts On Praying for Public Events by Brian Musser

This is a Guest Blog by Brian Musser who serves as a Baptist Campus Minister at Drexel University in Philadelphia.

I get to do my fair share of Invocations, Memorials and Benedictions at Drexel (a private secular school).  Public prayers like these have really made me evaluate what it means to pray in Jesus' name.  It is more than just the traditional few words we mechanically tack  on at the the end of the prayer.

I get the privilege to stand publicly before my University to communicate with my God in a way that my God and I understand.  Quite often, I am just talking directly to my God asking him to bless my school in certain specific ways.

Sometimes when I am tempted to overstep the parameters given to me, I ask if I am trying to preach at them or pray for them.  It is usually the former.


Arliss Dickerson is the author of five books on college ministry that are available at Amazon.com for 99 cents each in eBook format.  His book, FIXING A BROKEN COLLEGE MINISTRY, is also available in paperback.

No comments:

Post a Comment