Search This Blog

Monday, June 3, 2019

What Do You Hand Out at Freshmen Orientation or Welcome Booths?

New Student Orientations are in full swing on many campuses and then there is the coming of the start of school in August/September when college ministries are handing out promo materials for their ministry.

But, what do you give out that students will look at or even better hang onto?  I want to do a long list and so, would you send me YOUR ideas, things you have done, things you have seen others do, or even things that have crossed your mind?  Please!

Here are just a few to get us started in this discussion and sharing of ideas.

Bottle openers with your ministry time and website on it.

Door Magnets are done in a variety of ways.........with the football and basketball schedule on it......with phone numbers for food places that deliver......with a list of eating places that give student discounts.....with a list of three or four key phone numbers on campus.....with a list of all important dates on campus (last day to drop or add a class, fall break, etc).

PLEASE send me your ideas or thoughts that I can pass on.  I NEED YOU! You can email me at arlissdickerson@gmail.com.  You can message me on Twitter @arlissdickerson.  You can facebook me.  You can even text me at 870.761.2235.

One last Tip:  The most important thing on a brochure or flyer besides your ministry info is at least one good picture.  Pictures tell more than pages of written info.

Arliss Dickerson is the author of five books on college ministry available in eBook for 99 cents each at Amazon.com.  FIXING A BROKEN COLLEGE MINISTRY is also in paperback.


No comments:

Post a Comment