Search This Blog

Sunday, March 31, 2024

LEAST Favorite Things Guest Speakers or Christian Personalities have Said to Me

 1. "I won't take the whole time."  These are the ones that would always go overtime at our Lunch Program where time was tight.

2.  "Don't worry I can make this talk relevant."  This was a guest speaker we had invited and paid to come do a certain topic and switched topics....yeah you know the rest of the story.

3.  "Call me back in 6 months."  For some years it was my privilege to be part of planning the National Collegiate Ministers Summit.  We usually scheduled our main speakers about a year in advance.  Two different times a well known Christian speaker would say, "That sounds really interesting, but I am only scheduling out six months in advance right now.  So, call me back in six months."  In six months that person says something like, "I've decided that's not the type event I'm going to focus my time on."

4. A speaker calls me and says, "I would love to be part of your ministry......I charge a thousand dollars a day."

5.  "I could never get peace about this talk."  Then they speak.....and you lose your peace.

6.  "How much time do I have left?"

7.  "I'm a preacher; if you wanted a speaker, you should have gone to radio shack."  

8.  The secretary of a well known Christian speaker called me and said, "Mr.____________asked me to call you and tell you he does not do breakout sessions."

9.  "Has anyone every told you that you look like Charles Stanley?"

A College Student's Guide to Spiritual Maturity Amazon.com/dp/B0CXTCTNB1 will go from its introductory price of $4.99 to regular price Friday, April 5.  Tips for College Freshmen:  124 Tips for Fun, Faith & Good Grades is at Amazon.com/dp/B09QFB9DJ9.


No comments:

Post a Comment