Search This Blog

Monday, December 28, 2020

My BEST College Ministry Advice Ever??

 I have given lots of college ministry advice.  It is way easier to tell others how to do it than it is to do it. If I just had one thing to say, what would it be? Paul Worcester (Collegiate Evangelism Consultant for the North American Mission Board) in his free eBook, "DO MORE WITH LESS TIME," is kind enough to quote me in Tip #9, "Leverage Seasons of the Ministry Cycle".  I think he even cleaned my statement up a little bit and I am glad to claim it.

HERE IT IS:

"Great falls are made in the summer.  Speaking outlines developed in the summer make for less stressful and more fulfilling fall semesters.  Donors thanked personally in the summer make better givers in the fall.  More family time in slower seasons build into your personal reserves.  More quiet time in your relationship to the Lord builds you up and reminds you why you are doing what you do."

If you want more of Arliss Dickerson's advice, check out his new book, ALMOST EVERYTHING ABOUT COLLEGE MINISTRY, at amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment