Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

5 College Ministry Resources

Several years ago I began to write some college ministry materials not because I thought I was smarter or knew more than other College Ministers.  I did it because no one in our tribe was writing and I thought someone should.  I encourage YOU to write something....I might even use it on my Blog.

Remember Cliffs Notes....they were a simple summary of a book or course.  Here is a quick word on each of the five materials I have written in recent years.

THE BIG 50
This is simply 50 brief paragraphs on a principle or idea for a college ministry.  You can buy it if you want to, however you can get it free by going to collegeministry.com and registering.

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF COLLEGE MINISTRY
This originally started out as NINE SHAPING PRINCIPLES OF A COLLEGE MINISTRY and became the Ten Commandments when I added Freshmen Ministry to make number 10.  It is simply what I see as some basics of college ministry....not profound....just every day things that make it work.

DOING COLLEGE MINISTRY BETTER
Many years ago a group of us began to meet in the summer and talk about how we did things.  It was the most influential and beneficial event for my ministry.  One summer at this "sharefest" I ask each of these super College Ministers to write down what they thought the best thing or most effective actions in college ministry were.  Basically, each of these became a chapter.  Surprisingly to me, this is the BEST selling of the five.

25 TIPS FOR DEVELOPING COLLEGE MINISTRY LEADERS
Someone once told me we should write about what we do best.  Developing student leaders is a passion of mine.  I believe good and many student leaders grow and multiply our ministry as well as their benefiting the kingdom after their college days.  This is just 25 ways that we have done it at ASU.  They aint rocket science.  It is super simple!

FIXING A BROKEN COLLEGE MINISTRY
This one is in paperback as well as eBook.  The paperback is often given out as a resource at College Minister Workshops.  I think it is my best in terms of specifically helpful.  But, a friend has told me that the negative title has hurt it and I think he is correct.  Most do not feel their ministry is broken.  It comes out of my own painful time starting at ASU and growing the ministry.  Basically, I think it can help any ministry go to the next level. It probably should have been titled "Your College Ministry Can be Even Better!"

Go to amazon.com and type in Arliss Dickerson and all of these will pop up.  It takes about an hour or so to read each.

Arliss Dickerson is a part time college ministry consultant for Lifeway Christian Resources and the author of five books on college ministry available in eBook and print at amazon.com (type in Arliss Dickerson).

No comments:

Post a Comment