Search This Blog

Monday, July 31, 2017

F.O.C.U.S. Your College Ministry

When I visited with a college ministry leader who said he felt too many College Ministers were "happy with their fifty", it made me mad when he said it.   I have wrestled with that statement ever since.  There are parts of me that wants to yell that is an unfair statement because I know how hard College Ministers as a whole work.  Yet, there is a "part" of me that says, "OK; maybe I agree with that....just a little...kinda sorta....sometimes?".

Here is my point, it is easy to work really hard twenty four/seven and not be as effective as we could possibly be.  Almost none of us who do college ministry would argue that our ministry is reaching everyone we hope it would or that our ministry is at its full potential.  Every ministry has a ceiling.  But, have we accepted a ceiling that can be broken?  So, what do we do?

One thing to do in taking your ministry to another level is to focus it.  Is YOUR ministry in FOCUS?

F - Fix your obvious negatives.
O - Outline a long range plan.
C - Cooperate with necessary partners.
U - Understand the campus situation and audience.
S  - Slim down your offerings and do a few things REALLY well.

This is excerpted from my Amazon book:  FIXING A BROKEN COLLEGE MINISTRY, which was written for the purpose of encouraging and helping College Ministers evaluate and consider if there are some steps they can take that would take their ministry to the next level.  Doing the "same old, same old" and expecting a different result is one definition of insanity.
Arliss


No comments:

Post a Comment